Published on June 17th, 2013 | by Shantelle0
DIY: How to Sew a Stool Cover EZ!
How to Sew a Stool Cover
Note: For a No-Sew stool cover visit [Tutorial: How to make a Tufted Stool Cover (No-Sew) EZ]
Materials for Stool Cover:
Fabric (for this project I used brown vinyl fabric)
Directions for Stool Cover:
1. Using a ruler and scissors make a pattern:
1 square 18in. x 16in.
2 rectangles 16in. x 7in.
2 rectangles 18in. x 7in.
Note: Since plywood measures 16in. x 14in. I have added extra inches for sewing. After sewing, the stool cover dimensions will be 16in.(length) x 14in.(width) x 4in.(height).
2. Using a marker and ruler, draw a 16in. x 14 in. square on the 18in. x 16in. square. Note: The drawn square will be used as a sewing guide.
3. Place a rectangle on top of the square and sew a straight line by using the drawn square as a guide.
4. Continue sewing with the other rectangles until all are attached to the square.
5. Now sew the corners together by holding two ends of fabric together and sewing a straight line downwards.
6. After all the corners are sewn together, your stool cover should look like this….
7. Cut the excess fabric and your stools [Tutorial: How to Make Counter Stools EZ] are ready to be upholstered.