Published on October 4th, 2014 | by Shantelle0
DIY: How to Sew a Euro Pillow Sham EZ!
How to Sew a Envelope European Pillow Sham EZ!
What is a Euro Sham?
A. A covering for a large square pillow. Typically, the first layer against the headboard.
What are the measurements for a Euro Sham?
A. Euro sham size is 26″ x 26″
Materials for Sewing a Euro Sham
Fabric of Choice:
27″ x 27″ piece of fabric
(2) 27″ x 20″ pieces of fabric
Directions for Sewing a Euro Sham
27″ x 27″
1. Lay the back pieces on a flat surface.
2. Add tape to one of the 27″ edges to use as a guide when sewing the hem.
3. Fold to make a hem, and iron flat.
4. Remove tape and sew a 1″ hem.
5. Lay the 27″ x 27″ piece of fabric face up on a flat surface.
6. Lay the two back pieces face down on top of the 27″ x 27″ piece of fabric.
Note: The hemmed sides should be facing inwards.
7. Pin together and sew a 1″ seam allowance.
Tip: Apply tape to all the edges and sew in a straight line along the edge of the tape.
8. Turn the pillow sham inside out.
9. Lastly, insert a euro pillow insert.