Published on June 4th, 2014 | by Shantelle0
How to Build a Box: DIY Storage Ottoman!
How to Build a Box for DIY Storage Ottoman EZ!
I wanted my storage ottoman to measure (W)17″ x (L)35″ x (H)14” with 1/4″(.25″)thick plywood, so I used the building boxes calculator from www.routerworkshop.com to get the complete cut list.
Materials for Building a Storage Ottoman Box
#6 x 1″or Smaller Screws
5/64 Drill Bit
(2) 17″ x 35″ Plywood -Top and Bottom
(2) 13.75″ x 16.75″Plywood- Sides
(2) 13.75″ x 35″ Plywood- Front and Back
Directions for Building a Storage Ottoman Box
1. Drill holes in plywood with drill bit.
2. Using a screwdriver bit, add screws to each hole to fasten plywood together.
Note: Do not attach the top plywood piece to the box.
3. Add Titebond III wood glue to each corner and crevasses to secure the pieces of plywood together. Let dry overnight.
To learn how to upholster the box with fabric visit [DIY: How to Make and Upholster a Storage Ottoman EZ!]