Published on August 8th, 2014 | by Shantelle0
DIY: How to Make an Ottoman EZ! (Sew)
This ottoman was super easy to make!! Checkout the details below!!
Materials for DIY Ottoman
Plywood- 32″x 17″x 6″
Sewn Fabric-Visit [DIY: How to Sew Fabric for Ottoman EZ]
Dust Cover Fabric
Furniture legs and mounting plates
Staple gun and staples
Power Drill and Screwdriver bit
Directions for DIY Ottoman
1. Lay plywood on a flat surface.
2. Using adhesive spray, spray foam and attach to the plywood. Cut foam to fit the plywood with scissors.
Note: The height should be about 6″ tall.
3. Cut a piece of batting to fit over the foam.
4. Attach the fabric cover.
5. Turn ottoman over and staple the fabric cover to the plywood. Cut the excess fabric.
6. Cut a piece of dust cover and staple it to the plywood.
7. Lay the furniture legs on a piece of cardboard and spray paint the legs with your desired color.
8. Attach the mounting plates to the plywood with a screwdriver bit.
Tip: Press down on the power drill while adding while its powered up to add the screw right through the dust cover and fabric.
9. Screw the furniture legs onto the mounting plates.
10. Lastly, turn the ottoman upright and enjoy your new ottoman made from scratch!!!